Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions were last updated on 17 July 2021
Looking for Domain Name registration terms? Please see here.
WowJamWeb is a business in the website hosting industry that sells server resources to host and run websites. This company operates in the United Kingdom.
These Terms and Conditions apply to this website and the transactions related to our products and services. In addition, you may be bound by additional contracts related to your relationship with us or any products or services that you receive from us. If any provisions of the other agreements conflict with any provisions of these Terms, the provisions of these additional contracts will control and prevail.
Using this site or the services found at this site, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen years of age and otherwise recognised as being able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
When registering to use this website, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions set forth below. In other words, the mere use of this website implies the knowledge and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In some particular cases, we can also ask you to agree explicitly.
3. Electronic Communication
By using this website or communicating with us by electronic means, you agree and acknowledge that we may communicate with you electronically on our website or by sending an email to you. In addition to this, you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement, including but not limited to the condition that such communications should be in writing.
4. Intellectual Property
We or our licensors own and control all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the website and the data, information, and other resources displayed by or accessible within the website.
4.1 All Rights are Reserved
Unless specific content dictates otherwise, we do not grant you a license or any other right under Copyright, Trademark, Patent, or other Intellectual Property Rights. In other words, you will not use, copy, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, embed into any electronic medium, alter any resources on this website. In addition to this, you will not reverse engineer, decompile, transfer, download, transmit, monetise, sell, market, or commercialise any resources on this website in any form, without our prior written permission, except and only insofar as otherwise stipulated in regulations of mandatory law (such as the right to quote).
You may forward our newsletter in electronic form to others interested in visiting our website.
6. Third-Party Property
Our website may include hyperlinks or other references to other party’s websites. However, we do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites linked to this website. Other websites’ products or services shall be subject to those third parties’ applicable Terms and Conditions. Any opinions expressed or material appearing on those websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us. We will not be responsible for any privacy practices or content of these sites. Therefore, you bear all risks associated with the use of these websites and any related third-party services. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, however, caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
7. Responsible Use
By visiting our website, you agree to use it only for the purposes intended and as permitted by these Terms, any additional contracts with us, and applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted online practices and industry guidelines.
- You will not use this site or the services found at this site in a manner (as determined by WowJamWeb in its sole and absolute discretion) that:
- Is illegal, or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- Promotes encourages or engages in child pornography or the exploitation of children;
- Promotes encourages or engages terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property;
- To use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity or conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or concerning our website;
- Promotes encourages or engages in any spam or other unsolicited bulk email, or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- Violates the Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008 or similar legislation, or promotes, encourages or engages in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription;
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights of another user or any other person or entity;
- Violates the privacy or publicity rights of another user or any other person or entity, or breaches any duty of confidentiality that you owe to another user or any other person or entity;
- Causes, or may cause, damage to the website or that interferes with the website’s performance, availability, or accessibility;
- Contains or installs any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses or other code, files or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware;
- Contains false or deceptive language or unsubstantiated or comparative claims regarding WowJamWeb or WowJamWeb’s Services.
- Copying or distributing in any medium any part of this site or the services found at this site, except where expressly authorised by WowJamWeb, is prohibited.
- Modifying or alter any part of this site or the services found at this site or any of its related technologies, is prohibited.
- Accessing WowJamWeb content or user content through any technology or means other than through this site itself or as WowJamWeb may designate, is prohibited.
- You agree to back up all of your user content so that you can access and use it when needed. WowJamWeb does not warrant that it backs up any account or user content, and you agree to accept as a risk the loss of any of your user content.
- You will not use this site or the services found at this site, including any of WowJamWeb’s related technologies, for any commercial use without WowJamWeb’s express prior written consent.
- WowJamWeb reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of this site or services, including without limitation prices and fees for the same, at any time.
You may register for an account with our website. During this process, we require you to choose a password. You are responsible for maintaining passwords and account information confidential. Also, you agree not to share your passwords, account information, or secured access to our website or services with any other person.
You must not allow any other person to use your account to access the website because you are responsible for all activities using your passwords or accounts. Also, you must notify us immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password. After account termination, you will not attempt to register a new account without our permission.
9. Accepted Payment Methods
Our default currency is £ GBP. You can change the currency within the Client Area when you are placing your order in the shopping cart.
You can make payments through Paypal either using your PayPal balance, your bank account, your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card.
Alternatively, you can use Stripe. Global card payment providers include Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Diners cards. Global wallet payment providers include Apple Pay and Google Pay. Within the UK, we also accept Bacs Direct Debit.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, we will process orders within 24 hours, and delivery confirmed by way of an email. Typically, our system usually automatically activates Web Hosting within an hour. In addition, all configurable options could take up to 24 hours to appear on your account.
However, no physical goods are purchasable. Therefore, all items available to order are web services.
For Domain Name Registration specific Terms, please read here.
11. Renewals / Subscriptions
We bill you yearly for our services, and this acts as a subscription. You will receive automatic renewal reminders around two weeks before the payment due date. We will attempt to capture payment 1 or 2 days before the due date.
However, Domain names renew separately to web hosting. You will receive notification of the renewal 30 days before the payment due date.
For Domain Name Registration specific Terms, please read here.
When renewing your services with us, we may suspend your account if we do not receive your payment by the due date. At this point, we will notify you that we have suspended your account. However, upon payment, our system will automatically unsuspend you. In addition, you will incur late fees, which we explain further below.
Payment must be made by such other method as we indicate in the renewal form. If your billing information is not accurate, you are solely responsible for the failure to renew.
13. Cancellation and Refunds
You can cancel your services at any time using the cancellation request links within the Client Area. However, we will not issue refunds for any unused products or services ordered. For example, we supply web hosting yearly, and it will automatically renew every year until cancelled. If you cancel your service throughout the year, we will not issue you a refund for the rest of the duration of your service. We will send out reminders before automatic renewal.
For Domain Name Registration specific Terms, please read here.
14. Additional Fees
You may be subject to the following additional fees on your account:
- Domain Grace Period Fees
- The Grace Period is the status that most Top Level Domains enter following expiry. This lasts between 0 and 45 days. However, we do not typically charge additional costs for any grace periods, allowing you to renew your domain name normally.
- Domain Redemption Fees
- If you do not renew your domain during the grace period, the domain registrar changes the status of that most Top Level Domains to Redemption. At this point, the registrar puts your domain name up for auction. Typically the redemption period will last for 30 days.
- You are able to renew your domain whilst it is in redemption status, if your domain hasn’t been auctioned off. However, you would pay a redemption fee plus the regular renewal cost for the domain.
- However, this fee is not a set amount as it depends on multiple variables.
- Late Payment Fee
- We charge you a 10% late payment fee through an amended invoice, if you do not pay the original invoice within five days of the due date.
- Excessive Space and Bandwidth Utilisation
- WowJamWeb expressly reserves the right to review every account for excessive space and bandwidth utilisation and terminate or apply additional fees to those accounts exceeding allowed levels.
WowJamWeb reserves the right to modify fees, surcharges, and renewal fees or to institute new fees at any time with 30 days’ notice, for any reason, at our discretion.
15. Domain Name Registration – Additional Agreement
In addition to these Terms and Conditions, there is a specific Domain Name Registration Agreement. WowJamWeb is not a domain registrar. We act as an authorised reseller, so you must agree to their Domain Name Registration Agreement before purchasing a Domain Name through our system.
You can read this Agreement in its entirety at: https://wowjamweb.co.uk/domain-registration-agreement.
15. Content Posted by You
We may provide various open communication tools on our websites, such as blog comments, blog posts, forums, message boards, ratings and reviews, and various social media services. However, it might not be feasible for us to screen or monitor all content that you or others may share or submit on or through our website. We reserve the right to review your content and observe all activities on our website and remove or reject any content at our sole discretion. By posting information or otherwise using any available communication tools mentioned, you agree that your content will comply with these Terms and Conditions and must not be illegal or unlawful or infringe any person’s legal rights.
16. Idea Submission
Do not submit any ideas, inventions, works of authorship, or other information that can be considered your intellectual property that you would like to present to us unless we have first signed an agreement regarding the intellectual property or a non-disclosure agreement. Suppose you disclose it to us absent such written agreement. In that case, you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media.
17. Additional Reservation of Rights
WowJamWeb expressly reserves the right to deny, cancel, terminate, suspend, lock, or modify access to (or control of) any account or services (including the right to cancel or transfer any domain name registration) for any reason (as determined by WowJamWeb), including but not limited to the following:
- Correcting mistakes made by WowJamWeb in offering or delivering any services (including any domain name registration);
- Protecting the integrity and stability of, and correct mistakes made by any domain name registry;
- Complying with applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations;
- Complying with requests of law enforcement, including subpoena requests;
- Assisting with our fraud and abuse detection and prevention efforts;
- Complying with any dispute resolution process;
- Defending any legal action or threatened legal action without consideration for whether such legal action or threatened legal action is eventually determined to be with or without merit;
- Avoiding any civil or criminal liability on the part of WowJamWeb, its officers, directors, employees and agents, as well as WowJamWeb’s affiliates.
18. Termination of Use
We may, in our sole discretion, at any time modify or discontinue access to, temporarily or permanently, the website or any service thereon. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of your access to or use of the website or any content you may have shared on the website. Therefore, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment, even if certain features, settings, and any content you have contributed or have come to rely on, are permanently lost. You must not circumvent, bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass any access restriction measures on our website.
19. Warranties and Liability
Nothing in this section will limit or exclude any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to limit or exclude. This website and all content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, regarding the content’s availability, accuracy, or completeness. We make no warranty that:
- This website or our products or services will meet your requirements;
- This website will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis;
- The quality of any product or service purchased or obtained by you through this website will meet your expectations.
Nothing on this website constitutes legal, financial or medical advice of any kind. If you require advice, you should consult an appropriate professional.
The following provisions of this section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. They will not limit or exclude our liability regarding any matter in which it would be unlawful or illegal to limit or exclude our liability. In no event will we be liable for any direct or indirect damages; including any damages for loss of profits or revenue, loss or corruption of data, software or database, or loss of or harm to property or data) incurred by you or any third party arising from your access to, or use of, our website.
Except to the extent any additional contract expressly states otherwise, our maximum liability to you for all damages arising out of or related to the website or any products and services marketed or sold through the website, regardless of the form of legal action that imposes liability (whether in contract, equity, negligence, intentional conduct, tort or otherwise) will be limited to the total price that you paid to us to purchase such products or services or use the website. Such limit will apply in the aggregate to all of your claims, actions and causes of action of every kind and nature.
We commit to making the content we provide accessible to individuals with disabilities. Suppose you have a disability and cannot access any portion of our website due to your disability. In that case, we ask you to give us notice, including a detailed description of the issue you encountered. If the problem is readily identifiable and resolvable under industry-standard information technology tools and techniques, we will promptly resolve it.
22. Export Restrictions / Legal Compliance
If you access this site or services found on this site from countries or jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom, you do so on your initiative. You are responsible for compliance with the local laws of that jurisdiction if and to the extent those local laws are applicable. They do not conflict with export laws and regulations of the United Kingdom. Therefore, if such rules disagree with United Kingdom export laws, you shall not access this site or the services found at this site. The obligations shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms and Conditions or your use of this site or services found on our site.
WowJamWeb makes no representation or warranty that the content available on this site or the services found at this site is appropriate in every country or jurisdiction. It is prohibited to access this site or services from countries or jurisdictions where its content is illegal. In other words, users who choose to access this site or the services found at this site are responsible for compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations.
23. Affiliate Marketing
Through this website, we may engage in affiliate marketing whereby we receive a percentage of or a commission on the sale of services or products on or through this website. We may also accept sponsorships or other forms of advertising compensation from businesses. We intend to comply with legal requirements on marketing and advertising, which may apply, such as the US Federal Trade Commission Rules.
You may not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, whole or in part, to any third party without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment in violation of this section will be null and void.
25. Breaches of these Terms and Conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. In other words, we may do this to deal with any breach, including temporarily or permanently suspend your access to the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website, and commence legal action against you.
26. Force Majeure
Except for obligations to pay money hereunder, no delay, failure or omission by either party to carry out or observe any of its obligations hereunder will be deemed to be a breach of these Terms and Conditions if, and for as long as such delay, failure or omission arises from any cause beyond the reasonable control of that party.
You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend us and our subsidiary and parent entities, predecessors, successors, affiliates, and assigns, the Registry Administrators, and all of their respective current and former officers, directors, members, shareholders, agents, and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from all Claims. Claim means any action, cause of action, suit, proceeding, claim, or demand of any third party (and all resulting judgments, bona fide settlements, penalties, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses)), which arises out of:
- your breach of this Registration Agreement or any of the Company’s policies applicable to this domain registration or related services,
- the operation of your domain,
- any negligent act or omission by you,
- any third party claim, action, or demand related to the registration or use of the domain registered in your name (and this indemnification is in addition to any indemnification required under the Dispute Policy).
WowJamWeb may, at its expense, employ separate counsel to monitor and participate in defence of any Claim. We will provide you with reasonably prompt notice of any Claim.
Failure to enforce any provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and Agreements, or inability to exercise options to terminate, shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right after that to enforce every provision.
We exclusively write these Terms and Conditions in English. Therefore, we will write all notices and correspondence exclusively in that language.
30. Entire Agreement
31. Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You should periodically check these Terms and Conditions for changes or updates. The date provided at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions is the latest revision date. Modifications to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes to this website. Using this website, following changes will be considered notice of your acceptance to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
32. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
The laws of the United Kingdom shall govern these Terms and Conditions. Any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom. Suppose any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court or other authority to be invalid and unenforceable under applicable law. In that case, such part or provision will be modified, deleted and enforced to the maximum extent permissible to affect the intent of these Terms and Conditions. The other provisions will not be affected.
30. Contact Information
This website is owned and operated by WowJamWeb. You may contact us regarding these Terms and Conditions through our Contact page.